Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Time Traveler's Wife: A Science Fiction Romance for Beginners

The Time Traveler's WifeThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I sort of swear off contemporary books (less than 20 years old) as a child. Many were autobiographical fiction and had little structure, assuming their own factual importance. I read this because I did not have any time to find a book for my 3 month trip to Europe and my mom had this lying around. However, since I was trying to find broaden my literary genres and venture into romance, this science fiction blend seemed like a proper compromise.
I loved it. There certainly are a few minor structural problems due to the time changes, but it altogether brilliant and original. Too bad more people do not appreciate it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment